Monday 10 August 2015

a peasant life

I'm poor now.

I mean, I started the month spending like I did before I started being good and actually putting chunks of money into savings, and also I have impending pay cut doom.

Usually I would go a bit into my overdraft comfortable in the knowledge that I get paid enough that it never really mattered. I'd always be comfortable the next month. However, I have taken a significant pay cut in my new job so I need to be SO careful now.

I have literally £30 to last me the rest of the month. But its okay because my parents bought me a glorious block of cheese and a bunch of other stuff to help get me through. And I have worked out that I can get quite drunk on a bottle of coconut bay (only £4.97!) and 17p lemonade. So there's that.

Being poor might actually be good for me though for some reasons:

- I can't drink as much as I usually do because I literally can't afford it. My liver is happy to hear that.

- I have to actually think about what I'm eating. I can't afford to buy unreasonable amounts of cheese and crisps and dips and takeaways, so I have to make sure I'm eating efficiently.

- Free stuff can be fun too. Like allotmenting! and bicycling! Both of those activities are also physical which = potential for fitness,

So being poor might actually force me to sort my life out.
I suppose something had to...

No comments:

Post a Comment