Saturday 6 July 2013

defrosting

Today is a beautifully sunny day. But instead of going outside, we've decided to defrost the freezer.
To be honest, it was an urgent matter, since we couldn't even open the bottom two drawers because they were encased in ice at the back. And a fish finger.


This is the extent of the frostiness. I actually googled it and there are MUCH WORSE situations out there. We're doing okay. I think.


Um. I got this out by using a knife. It was SO SATISFYING when the massive block just popped off the surface, even though one of them did ping and nearly hit me in the face. Alas, there's still loads up the back of the freezer that we can't get to.

THEN A GENIUS CAME ALONG.



It's not often I call Louise a genius. But this time, I did find her pointing a hairdryer into the freezer, because air flow makes it melt quicker and so does heat. Hairdryers have both!

Though, in the words of Louise "this is going to take forever". 


1 comment:

  1. We seriously need to defrost our freezer. I've been bugging Will for about a year! We can't open most of the drawers, and the freezer pocket in the fridge itself had some really old ice cream frozen at the back, which my sister thankfully helped to get out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete