Wednesday 9 December 2015

take me to the docks, there's a ship without a name

it's sailing to the middle of the sea.

...


I'm listening to sad songs and I'm not so sure why, because I'm not sad. I suppose you don't need to be sad to listen to sad songs. Isn't it amazing how music can have emotions? Like, certain sounds and certain melodies are just... sadder than others. I get how in like a really basic music theory kind of way, but I don't really understand why those combinations of sounds incite a certain feeling within most people.

There are people who just don't care for music at all. It makes them feel nothing.

Anyway. Imagine if you could just sail to the middle of sea and just... stay there. Or go to the moon.
Does it make anyone else sad that they will never go to the moon?

I think I have a hankering to just be not here... like, I'm not unhappy, I'm just bored of this city I suppose. I feel restless. But the kind of restless when you kinda want to go for a run, but then you remember that you're lazy and unfit and maybe staying in bed would be easier and waaaaaaaaay more comfortable.

Even bed gives me a backache sometimes though if I stay in it too long.

Southampton, you have given my life a backache.





No comments:

Post a Comment