Thursday 27 January 2011

my living room is now almost entirely from ikea

Yes it is. But it looks awesome! I'm really pleased with it, it looks less like we're students who acquired all our furniture from our parents (which was the case before) and more like we're grownups with a nice flat who can afford to buy their own furniture. Yayyyy =). Here come the before and after pictures...

Before... Note the mismatched wood colours and how the books don't actually fit on the bookcase...


After! The books fit, and the DVDs fit, and our ornaments! Our colour scheme is black and white, we also have a white table and a black TV stand, but we've had those for ages. 

I love my teapot... and I love how I can chuck all my crap under this table now instead of having it all over the floor where  I will have to tidy eventually.

Squee =D

I feel a million times for tidy and organised now. Though I do have a bookcake and a cabinet sat in the middle of the room at the moment, and a big pile of cardboard that I need to take to the end of the road (there's a recycling place there, I'm not just dumping it...).

I'm so proud =)  It's not even midday and I've made the living room awesome!

I have to spend the rest of the day doing disertation work though, which sucks a little. It'll be fine once I get into it because it's something I'm really into, but the thought of it makes me want to go back to bed. breakfast first though... does it still count as breakfast if I eat it once I've been up for three hours? or is it now brunch? I don't know the politics of meal times!

No comments:

Post a Comment