Tuesday 1 February 2011

a bootie for biscuit

This morning I was sat in the living room after being rudely awaken by Biscuit meowing outside my door. I fed him and he still meowed. After a while, he came and walked on my lap with his FREEZING COLD PAWS. I figured maybe he was being so vocal because he had cold feel, so logically decided to make him some booties. I promptly googled "crochet cat booties" to see if I could find some kind of pattern or guide for this. Turns out this is not something that is in high demand. I could have just made baby booties for him, but his feet are nowhere near the size of a baby's.


^ a biscuit foot ^

So I had to make it up as I went a long. Now, I'm not even going to pretend to be very good at crochet. I know how to do it, yes, but I don't know how to do it well. So this was something of a challenge for me. Anyways. I finished up with this:


A little cat-sized bootie =)  I would like to point out that even though Biscuit is a boy cat, I liked those colours, I'm sure he won't mind.
Here's the handsome fellow himself, with one warm paw:



He didn't take too well to it, and managed to shake it off, but I'll get him with it again when he's asleep and not just finished tearing round the flat like a madcat. Then I'll make the other three. Lucky Biscuit!

In other cat-related news, we nearly lost our Smudge yesterday! I had a particularly steamy shower in the morning, I opened the window real wide when I was done to clear some of the steam. A while later, I fed the cats and only Biscuit came for food, which was odd because Smudge is the fat one. I figured he was just preoccupied. A while later I walked past the bathroom and felt a bit cold, reminding me that the window was in fact, wide open. SHIT! I looked out there, expecting to find Smudge on the outside windowsill, but looked down to see a little black cat in next door's garden looking all afraid. I ran and knocked on their door, but they weren't in. I then had to hammer on the downstairs flat rudel until they woke up. "I need to get my cat back" I told them. Luckily, I think they saw the funny side of being woken up by a crazy lady looking for her cat. Little Smudge had hopped back over the wall and was crouched in the corner of their garden. I rescued him and took him back upstairs to see his brother and have some food after his ordeal, leaving everyone else to get on with their day. Poor Smudge! He seemed okay, but he really didn't like the outside! Yet still he tries to get out of the front door every time we come home... silly Smudge!

I love having cats =)

1 comment:

  1. http://www.gizmodiva.com/pets/turn_your_cat_into_a_hello_kitty_clone.php

    ReplyDelete