Sunday 20 February 2011

the curse of trying to be productive

In light of the slow progress being made on my dissertation, I have made a conclusion. By trying to do something I absolutely do not want to do right now, I am actually being counter productive because I don't get anything done, and all the while I could be doing countless other productive things, but I don't because I would feel bad because I'm not doing the all-important dissertation. The result is that my day is wasted, I have made no progress, and I feel totally bummed.

Here is a list of things I could be doing on this Sunday afternoon instead of making no progress on my dissertation:
- Finishing my novel
- Cleaning
- Baking
- A different essay
- Learning the guitar
- Learning the keyboard
- Making that zombie game
- Sewing
- Sorting out my plant stuff
- Alphabetising my DVDs
- Finishing my awesome plant calendar spreadsheet
- Going to the gym
- Cleaning my car
- Sorting out all the crap on my laptop
- Updating my blog (wait...)

You see. And I'm about to waste my whole day off moaning about having to do my dissertation sighing every now and then, and probably ending up with less words that what I started the day with because I've been just so unproductive that I've even gone backwards.

And that is my lesson for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment