Wednesday 28 August 2013

I'm not quite ready to be old yet

I'm 23 and until recently I felt very....grown up.

I don't like feeling like a grown up because that means I have grown up. and I kinda felt like I'd grown out of all the things I loved. Like Pokémon and art and crazy friendship bracelets and actually seeing my friends and getting rat-arsed and liking popular music.

And I'd not grown into anything better than all that.

So here I am sat here a bit tiddly from the wine, drinking juice out of the carton (sticking it to the man and all that), listening to the popular music on Spotify. By myself cause everyone else is kinda old, but that's okay I suppose.

I know I won't feel so great when I get up at 7:00 tomorrow morning to go to work but never mind.

Sometimes it feels like we wished all our lives to have what we have now, but now we're all too tired to appreciate it like we thought we would.

Youth is wasted on the young.

No comments:

Post a Comment