Friday 8 November 2013

all these things

It seems I blog most when I have other things I should be doing. I have posted less frequently since I left uni, which goes to show really.

Right now I am about three days behind for NaNoWriMo (that's national novel writing month to all the non-writers out there). I used the excuse for the past few days that I don't feel very well, but that's not really an excuse not to write, especially when what I'm writing doesn't even need to be good! I'm gonna give it a good go tonight, even though today has been the worst day so far of this cough/cold thing I've got.

I can't stop coughing! It's so annoying! Coughing so much is hurting my lungs, my throat and my back. And sometimes it feels like I'm breathing through a sponge. I even left work early today because I feel like crap, and I'm the type of person who never calls in sick or anything. I've had a good nap on the sofa under my duvet and now feel a bit better. I also got some cherry flavoured cough medicine from ASDA. It doesn't seem to work very well but it does taste kinda nice. 

I also need to start making my Christmas cards. I popped into Fabric Land on my way home from work to get ribbons and bows and buttons, but didn't have the clarity of mind to be able to choose buttons because I didn't feel very well. Got ribbons and bows though so I can start making some cards. 

Don't really know what to do about dinner. I'm not hungry at all really, but as eating is a hobby of mine I still want some dinner. I don't really have the energy to do all that standing up required of preparing a meal, but I'm not sure I can justify getting a takeaway. And I do have salad that needs eating before it goes all brown, though I don't much fancy salad. Salad is not a food one wants to eat when they are poorly. If I'm going to eat I want it to be things like cheese and crisps, which won't help make me get better, but will be very enjoyable. 

I had better get on with writing my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment