Tuesday 14 July 2015

it's not about the money we make, it's about the passions that we ache for...


But actually it does kinda have to be about the money we make, doesn't it.
Money keeps a roof over my head and food in my belly. It keeps my lights on when it's dark and my heat on in the winter. It's actually quite important.
I wish I could believe that the "best things in life are free" or that "money doesn't buy happiness", but really it's a lot easier to be happy when you have somewhere to live and food and stuff, and the best things in life are wine, which unfortunately costs money.

Hopefully soon I will have an allotment though, which means I can grow things! I'll have to pay a bit of money to rent the allotment, but not much, and I'm sure it will pay for itself in the food money I'll save. Also, Sinbad at work is setting up a group of us that will grow and trade, which will be super cool!

I really like the idea of doing something that kinda doesn't fit in with capitalism so much. A food co-operative. How lefty and idealist and lovely! I am very excite...

If I had any skills I'd do that skill swap thingy you can do. Alas, as has been proven time and time again over the past few months I have no useful skills outside of retail. So bums. It's a nice idea though, maybe I could learn a useful skill. But most learning costs MONEY..asksndusegfoueggr.

I have reached the conclusion recently, and now moreso than ever, that the rich have designed a system that keeps us poor and by default themselves rich. The wealth does not trickle down because the wealthy manufactured a whole society based on keeping us down.

They are the ones that have perpetuated this myth that money doesn't buy happiness to make us feel bad for ever wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment